PKT Hyperion 5.4 IPBOX

Re: PKT Hyperion 5.4 IPBOX

Postnapisał frontline poniedziałek, 21 listopada 2016, 11:02

I didn't set any overlocking options. Now cpu standby speed set to 266.
frontline

Dekoder:: IPBOX55

Postnapisał silverchairbg poniedziałek, 1 stycznia 2018, 15:51

frontline napisał(a):Hello! I have a problem with Ipbox 55Hd and Hyperion images. In standby mode, after a few hours on front display "shut" and i must restart it only with power off/on! Can you help me?

Similar problem, short powerbutton press puts the ipbox in shutdown, although in settings it is set to put box in standby. Also currently "deep standby" acts as shutdown. I can't wake the box from deep standby with any remote button combination. The only thing I can do is use the power off/on button. What is deep standby supposed to do and how do you wake the device?

Is there any setting that I am missing?
silverchairbg

Postnapisał silverchairbg środa, 3 stycznia 2018, 11:58

Can anyone comment? Sometimes single press goes to standby and after some random time it shutsdown, sometimes it goes directly to shutdown. How do I stop this from happening?

1) Hyperion is flashed on the flash memory
2) No overclocking options are touched
3) Setting for powerbutton are default ones i.e. short press should go to standby

If this cannot be fixed, this makes Hyperion unusable. I cannot wait 3 mins for Hyperion to start each time i want to watch TV :cry:
silverchairbg

Postnapisał zukon środa, 3 stycznia 2018, 12:20

1 - turn off overclocking
2 - make swap on usb stick
3 - try memory cleaner plugin

Or try neutrino beta image
CZAS NIE &#%$!! NIE STANIE!

Tymczasowy link do pobierania wszystkich image PKT

NIE POMAGAM NA PW!!!
OGLĄDANIE PŁATNEJ TELEWIZJI BEZ OPŁACONEGO ABONAMENTU JEST PRZESTĘPSTWEM
zukon
Administrator

Dekoder:: GI XPeed LX3

Postnapisał silverchairbg środa, 3 stycznia 2018, 14:35

zukon napisał(a):1 - turn off overclocking
2 - make swap on usb stick
3 - try memory cleaner plugin

Or try neutrino beta image

1) Overclocking has never been enabled
2) I am not using USB stick at all, Hyperion is flashed into the IPBOX flash. I want it this way, I do not want to run from an USB stick
3) You suspect that the shutdown occurs because of memory or disk space problem? If it is space issue, I can remove the OpenWebif plugin and that would free enough space. Memory cleaner plug-in would run only whenever Enigma is running, how would that help when it is on standby? Why would memory increase when the box is already put on standby?

Feedback/comments for Neutrino have not been good, plus I like Enigma 2 inteface and menus much more, so this is not an option for me.
silverchairbg

Postnapisał zukon środa, 3 stycznia 2018, 16:06

1 - OK
2 - I don't write: instal un USB. I write: make SWAP on usb. Swap is virtual memory. Last version of enigma2 must have a lot of memory.
3 - IMO problem is in RAM. Try to set Memory Cleaner to clean o 10min or a 1 hour or on 3am.

ps: IPBox is one of worst STB who I have :( Not working stable, many people try to fix it but effect always is the same :(
CZAS NIE &#%$!! NIE STANIE!

Tymczasowy link do pobierania wszystkich image PKT

NIE POMAGAM NA PW!!!
OGLĄDANIE PŁATNEJ TELEWIZJI BEZ OPŁACONEGO ABONAMENTU JEST PRZESTĘPSTWEM
zukon
Administrator

Dekoder:: GI XPeed LX3

Postnapisał silverchairbg środa, 3 stycznia 2018, 19:03

I understood your idea about USB stick, but I simply do not want to designate a USB stick for this purpose only, in my opinion it is best if the IPBOX STB is standalone and works without additional things needed.

Free RAM shows 27,5 MB from 64.6 MB, so it is like 1/3 of all. Isn't that enough? I activated Memory cleaner each 15 mins, but my point was different. If the problem was RAM, I would expect that Enigma would crash while I watch TV, not when the box is in standby mode (which I expect not to do anything in that mode). So if there is a leak of Enigma or plugins in standby mode, I don't think we can help much ..

Free space however varies between 0,8 MB to 3.0 MBs. So I start to think, space might be the problem.

Where can I find the changelogs for Hyperion versions since v.4 till 5.5? Or can you recommend an older version that doesn't exhibit this problem, please let me know and I would use an older version. Old STB - > old image :)
silverchairbg

Postnapisał silverchairbg czwartek, 4 stycznia 2018, 09:54

silverchairbg napisał(a):I understood your idea about USB stick, but I simply do not want to designate a USB stick for this purpose only, in my opinion it is best if the IPBOX STB is standalone and works without additional things needed.

Free RAM shows 27,5 MB from 64.6 MB, so it is like 1/3 of all. Isn't that enough? I activated Memory cleaner each 15 mins, but my point was different. If the problem was RAM, I would expect that Enigma would crash while I watch TV, not when the box is in standby mode (which I expect not to do anything in that mode). So if there is a leak of Enigma or plugins in standby mode, I don't think we can help much ..

Free space however varies between 0,8 MB to 3.0 MBs. So I start to think, space might be the problem.

Where can I find the changelogs for Hyperion versions since v.4 till 5.5? Or can you recommend an older version that doesn't exhibit this problem, please let me know and I would use an older version. Old STB - > old image :)

Enabling Memory Cleaner did not help, this morning I see it has switched to shutdown again. I would free up more disk space and see if that makes any difference.
silverchairbg

Postnapisał silverchairbg piątek, 5 stycznia 2018, 10:40

Neither Memory Cleaner, nor freeing up disk space helped. I suspect there are two things going on here. Either:

1) Enigma 2 has some setting to shutdown itself after some period of inactivity

2) Enigma 2 has memory leak even in standby, which cause it to shut itself down after all memory is consumed.

@zukon: aren't there any Enigma 2 logs, which we could review that would show why it shuts down?
silverchairbg

Postnapisał silverchairbg poniedziałek, 8 stycznia 2018, 18:18

Mystery solved - the Auto Deep plugin, although in my case it would not shut it down at 1:00 but at random times. Now that I've disabled it, it no longer shuts it down.
silverchairbg

Poprzednia strona

Powrót do Image PKT